Magnet Gifted Classrooms
The magnet program meets the needs of our most highly gifted students.
- The magnet program is housed at Kolb Elementary and draws student enrollment from all elementary buildings across the Bay City Public Schools.
- Magnet classrooms consist solely of identified gifted students.
- Students are accelerated beyond grade level curriculum in Mathematics and English Language Arts.
- Students receive an enriched instruction in Science and Social Studies at their current grade level.
- Art, Foreign Language, Physical Education, Media, and Music instruction are offered at each grade level.
Click here to view the current Elementary GT Staff.
Magnet Gifted Curriculum
Grade 1* Math 2 ELA 2 Science Social Studies
*The First Grade teacher uses curriculum compacting and other educational strategies to review the first grade Math/English Language Arts Curriculum but focuses instruction on second grade Math and English Language Arts Curriculum.
Grade 2 Math ELA Science Social Studies
Grade 3 Math ELA Science Social Studies
Grade 4 Math ELA Science Social Studies
Grade 5 Math ELA Science Social Studies